WELCOME......

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find a culmination of things including tons of photos of my children, random thoughts on life and my journey to build a Photography business, sneak peeks for clients, and who knows what else :) I.LOVE.PHOTOGRAPHY.

I am a mostly self-taught Wedding and Portrait Photographer and I am always looking for new clients. I prefer on-location, natural light Photography and I am always looking to challenge myself! I recently relocated to Central Oregon and am available for photoshoots in any of the nearby areas. Please feel free to contact me if you like my work and are interested in scheduling a session with me! I would love to hear from you!


Grab some coffee and stay awhile :) And if you see an image you like, feel free to leave a comment...I love comments!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TIDBIT TUESDAY: WORRY

I have been the world's worst worrier for as long as I can remember. I hate this about myself. That overwhelming feeling that I get in the pit of my stomach is horrible, yet I feel like I can't do anything to stop it most of the time. It seems out of my control. I worry about everything from money to how clean my house is to whatever else. The question is: what do I do about it?

I did a little research about worrying too much (yes, you can google it and there is a ton of information). Apparently, many people worry too much and it can lead to depression or other problems. Those people make worrying a way of life. They worry about daily troubles, conflict with others, saftey of loved ones, finances, or just about anything else. When worry becomes a habit and you can't control it, it can make life miserable. This is not the road I want to head down at all!

I found some really helpful tips that all of us should remember (especially me):
1. Most of the bad things we worry about hardly ever happen. Worrying won't protect us.
2. Don't try to get rid of worries. Instead, accept worry, but don't give it your full attention (this is huge for me).
3. Ask yourself these questions: Will this even matter next week? Am I making too much of this risk?

Probably the most important thing I need to always remember is to follow my husband's advice and trust God to get me through all of my trials and tribulations. He tells me this all the time and reassures me that everything will be fine and God is always here for us. I know this, yet I continue to hold back. I bottle up this fear of failure and worry about every little miniscule thing.

Matthew 6:25-27 says "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" This verse from the Bible speaks volumes to me. It is true in every way possible. Why can't I let go of my worries? I honestly hope to work towards worrying less and connecting more with my faith. Life is meant to be full of love and laughter....worry keeps us from truly living each day to the fullest!

Today I have shared a very personal aspect of my life and I hope it helps me to gain more confidence in myself and in God.

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter and here are my two little ones with their baskets :) Neither one is totally awake yet...haha.

_MG_6293 copy

_MG_6286

1 comments:

gammayaya April 14, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

awe... love when they first wake....