WELCOME......

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find a culmination of things including tons of photos of my children, random thoughts on life and my journey to build a Photography business, sneak peeks for clients, and who knows what else :) I.LOVE.PHOTOGRAPHY.

I am a mostly self-taught Wedding and Portrait Photographer and I am always looking for new clients. I prefer on-location, natural light Photography and I am always looking to challenge myself! I recently relocated to Central Oregon and am available for photoshoots in any of the nearby areas. Please feel free to contact me if you like my work and are interested in scheduling a session with me! I would love to hear from you!


Grab some coffee and stay awhile :) And if you see an image you like, feel free to leave a comment...I love comments!

Friday, April 2, 2010

I HEART FACES: "FIX IT FRIDAY"

I think I missed a friday or two recently for "fix it friday" but I wanted to get one in today. This photo is of an adorable little girl and when I saw it I decided that I wanted it to have a vintage vibe. So here is what I did...

Original Image:
4482823426_06f1dc2151_b

My edited version:
fix 5

What I did:
1. Increased contrast and Levels to bring out the blacks.
2. Sharpened a little using Smart Sharpen to bring out the eyes more.
3. Coffeeshop Baby Powderoom action applied.
4. Coffeeshop Vintage action applied with these settings:
-Colorizer layer 58%
-Tint layer 17%
-Levels layer 91%
5. Distressed Texture overlay at 63% and erased off of girl.
6. MCP burnt edges at 50%.


Head on over to i heart faces to check out the other great edits!

5 comments:

Kim Chodorowski April 2, 2010 at 5:12 AM  

Oooh super cool, I love what you did!

Janelle Rushin April 2, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

I love the texture! Great job!

Deborah April 2, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

Love the processing you've done here! I've been working with textures, and now I just need to learn how to erase it off of the subject ... any hints or tips would be great! Love your music, too! =)

Rhiann April 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

Great texture!! Good job!

Ashley V. April 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

Thanks borne.image.photography for the compliments! I love using textures. I apply the texture with a soft light blending mode and then use a layer mask and erase the texture off the skin with the brush tool set to about 75% opacity. Hopefully that helps!