WELCOME......

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find a culmination of things including tons of photos of my children, random thoughts on life and my journey to build a Photography business, sneak peeks for clients, and who knows what else :) I.LOVE.PHOTOGRAPHY.

I am a mostly self-taught Wedding and Portrait Photographer and I am always looking for new clients. I prefer on-location, natural light Photography and I am always looking to challenge myself! I recently relocated to Central Oregon and am available for photoshoots in any of the nearby areas. Please feel free to contact me if you like my work and are interested in scheduling a session with me! I would love to hear from you!


Grab some coffee and stay awhile :) And if you see an image you like, feel free to leave a comment...I love comments!

Friday, February 26, 2010

I HEART FACES: "FIX IT FRIDAYS"

It's "Fix It Friday" over at i heart faces...yay! I really enjoy doing these because it really gives me time to practice using Photoshop. This week's photo was a tough one for me.

Here is the original image:
4389178836_86dcc967da_b

And, here is my edited version:
fix3

1. I started by doing a Quick Selection around the girl and then brightening her up a bit to lighten the skin and get rid of some shadows.
2. I then sharpened up the photo a little using the Smart Sharpen tool at about 2.5 pixels.
3. Coffee Shop's Perfect Portrait action was used and the Color Pop layer was reduced to 45%.
4. Pioneer Woman's Lovely and Ethereal action was used and reduced to 88%.
5. I added Dust and Scratches at 6 pixels on a new layer and then reduced the opacity to 33% and erased it from the eyes and lips.
6. MCP Burnt Edges action set at 60% and erased from girl.
7. Coffee Shop's Bold Pop action reduced to around 75%.
8. Distressed texture overlay 100% and erased off skin.
9. Lastly, I adjusted the Hue/Saturation. The Cyans and Blues were darkened a bit and the saturation was increased. The magentas were darkened and saturated a bit as well.

You can visit i heart faces to see all the other creative edits!

0 comments: