WELCOME......

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find a culmination of things including tons of photos of my children, random thoughts on life and my journey to build a Photography business, sneak peeks for clients, and who knows what else :) I.LOVE.PHOTOGRAPHY.

I am a mostly self-taught Wedding and Portrait Photographer and I am always looking for new clients. I prefer on-location, natural light Photography and I am always looking to challenge myself! I recently relocated to Central Oregon and am available for photoshoots in any of the nearby areas. Please feel free to contact me if you like my work and are interested in scheduling a session with me! I would love to hear from you!


Grab some coffee and stay awhile :) And if you see an image you like, feel free to leave a comment...I love comments!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TIDBIT TUESDAY (well it was supposed to be posted last night).....MY HOME

I realized it had been a couple of weeks since I did a Tidbit Tuesday due to vacation and whatnot so I planned to post one last night....I was gone all day yesterday. Then, our internet was not working and we had to completely re-boot our computer and then it was too late and I was dead asleep! So, I am posting it early this morning instead to hopefully make up for it :)

One thing has been on my mind a lot lately, and that is the thought of what constitutes a "home". What makes a place your home? This has been a touchy subject for me for awhile and being an active duty military family makes it even more difficult to make each place we live feel like home. We have to do our best to make whatever house, apartment, rental, and town that we live in feel like home.....not only for ourselves, but for our kids and family.

It dawned on me that a physical place (house or town) is not what makes a "home" at all! So, what is it then that makes a home to me? Well, there are three very important things that make me feel at home and they move with me wherever I go.

My family is my home. My kids and my husband are the roots that hold up my home. That feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you walk in the door and see those smiling faces....that's home. Home is family.

Familiar things are my home. My bed, photos on the walls, kids' toys taking over the living room, old rocking chair from my mom....all of these things will go with me to any duty station that I move to. Home is the familiar.

Memories are created at home. Our kids' birthdays, holidays, vacations, the first time they ride a bike, first teeth....all of these memories are kept with us in our hearts. Home is created from memories.

I have come to realize that "home" is not necessarily about the physical home that you live in. Remember that movie, "Home is where the heart is"? That is absolutely true! Home is where your family, familiar things, and memories are....your heart.

I know now that I am always at home...

0 comments: